Actually, technically, I had already tried their cookies as a packet of them was included in the lovely gift bags we received at the Canadian Embassy Party at the BlogHer conference in August. I remembered they were yummy. I wanted to try some more.
And of course, I wanted to send some in Oliver's lunch - I knew they'd be great.
New Moon Kitchen cookies are:
- made with organic spelt flour
- dairy- and egg-free
- and, as they point out, lovingly made
They make the perfect lunchbox treat - because I can send them without having any pre-packaged guilt. I didn't make them myself? So what? A small bakery did. And they are pretty healthy while still being a treat. And of course having that nut-free label on them means I can throw them in his backpack without thinking about it.
We were sent a box of Chocolate Chip cookies, which the kids completely devoured in what seemed like minutes. I kept the other box of Momints ones for myself, having a guilt-free nibble here and there. We were also sent some individual packets. I sent a packet of two Oatmeal Goldies to school with Oliver, who proclaimed them to be completely delicious.
The cookies are not too sweet - just sweet enough, really; they also seem quite filling. Importantly, I can recognize every single ingredient on the labels. That's excellent.
I took a packet of Chocolate Espresso Mokas to work with me, for a perfect afternoon pick-me-up snack. And I'm about to open the last packet of Ginger Snappers as my mid-morning-can't-quite-make-it-to-lunch-after-a-7am-breakfast nibble. Yep, took a bite now: yummy, with the sharpness of the fresh ginger.
You can use their website to figure out where you can buy them in North America. I just discovered I can get them at a Highland Farms fairly close to my house, so I'll be checking them out there.
But! You can also win some. You'll receive two boxes of cookies, and two snack packs.
- This giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada.
- To enter, leave a comment on this post before 8pm EST on Friday, September 17th.
- Visit New Moon Kitchen's website, and indicate in your comment which type of cookie sounds yummiest to you.
- There are no additional entry options. One entry per person.
- Please make sure your comment includes your email address so I can contact you if you are the winner.
- Winners will be asked to provide their postal address for the purposes of shipping the cookies only.
- Good luck!