I'm always looking for something to bridge that lunch and dinner stretch, especially at work. Around 3 or 4 I seem to be looking for something to eat, and if I don't have some decent snack at hand at my desk, I come home and grab the first thing I see in the cupboard. Which might just be some Cadbury's from England. Occasionally it's something healthier. But sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.
Anyway, because of this, I was interested when Mom Central asked if I'd like to review some new beverages that claim to curb hunger. underWAY drinks have no sugar, no preservatives, no sodium, no artificial flavours and have added fibre. They are only 10 calories a bottle, and come in Acai-Pomegranate and Grape flavours.
Sometimes I will have another cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon to try to tame my own hunger, or just some water. I don't normally drink juice or other beverages similar to this (e.g. Vitamin Water).
I've tried both flavours now, and I think I prefer the Grape. Both of them are fairly pleasant. I'm still trying to determine if I can tell if they impact my level of hunger or fullness or not. I think that I eat different amounts of food on different days, and without a more scientific experiment, it's going to be hard to attribute my fullness to a beverage.
However, adding extra fibre and vitamins to my body can't hurt it, right?
Would you like to try them out? Would you like to see if they can affect how full you feel?
Here's how 10 of you can try out the drinks:
1. Leave a comment on this post between now and August 3, 2010 at 7pm EST. Perhaps you'd like to say why you'd like to try them?
2. Please leave one comment per person only. There are no extra entries for any other activities (e.g. tweeting about it).
3. Please make sure your comment includes your email address.
4. Contest is open to Canadians only. Readers may enter the contests on multiple blogs participating in this underWAY blog tour, but are only eligible to win once.
5. I will use random.org to select 10 winners if there are more than 10 comments.
6. I will contact you and ask you for a postal address if you have won. I will provide your name and postal address to Mom Central Canada for it to be used to send you your prize.
7. Up to 10 individuals will receive a box, sent on behalf of Mom Central Canada, that will include eight bottles of underWAY (four Acai-Pomegranate and four Grape) along with a Smart for Life food assortment including cookies, cupcakes, soup, cereal, shake, bagel, and crunch.
Disclosure: I am participating in the underWAY blog tour by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Better Health Beverage, LLC. I received a gift card as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.