We were provided with a cooler bag to bring home with samples of these products. Over the weekend, my family tried them all.
I'm quite happy with the Natural Selections meat - it tastes good, the package re-seals possibly the BEST of any re-sealable package I've ever come across, and the ingredients (which are all recognizable) are stamped across the front. It's like someone did their market research and asked me what I wanted in a sliced deli meat.
I also like the Dempster's baguettes. When we lived in England, Mark always had packages of part-baked baguettes around. It means anytime you have a hankering for fresh bread, it's 8 minutes of cooking away. (which, is dangerous actually...carbs!!) The kids just adore fresh bread and butter. Who can blame them.
I wouldn't normally buy pre-seasoned chicken - I pretty much always buy plain chicken and season it myself. The dijon mustard & herb chicken breast cooked up quite nicely - quite moist, but I found the seasoning a bit salty for me.
My family, particularly Mark, adored the flattened chicken. Can we just say spatchcocked, though? Because that's an awesome word. We made it on the barbeque, probably over-cooked it a bit, but it was really very flavourful, and the meat was very good quality.
Would you like to try some of these? Thanks to Maple Leaf Foods, I'm giving away a cooler bag of the following products:
- 2 white Dempster's Oven Fresh Baguettes (vacuum sealed)
- 2 multigrain Dempster's Oven Fresh Baguettes (vacuum sealed)
- a butcher's apron
- a meat thermometer
- a Maple Leaf Foods pen
- a coupon for a FREE box of Prime Frozen Meat Products ($11.99 value)
- a coupon for a FREE package of Natural Selections deli meat (~$5 value)
- a coupon for $5 off your next purchase of any Prime Naturally product
Here's what you need to do:
- Leave a comment on this post (just say hi, if you want)
- Make sure your comment includes your email address
- Only enter once, please
- Do it by Tuesday, June 8th at 7pm EST, please