So I was intrigued by an email that offered me the opportunity to review a Memory Foam Contour Pillow sold by Sleep Number by Select Comfort. Sleep Number sponsored at least one blogger to go to BlogHer, which I think is a cool thing for a company to do, and I must have passed on my business card (I gave out a lot of business cards; forgive me for my lack of memory).
We already have a memory foam mattress topper on our bed and I LOVE IT. I started getting lower back pain after the babies were born and it totally eliminated it. It even comes back if I sleep on a different bed that isn't quite so wonderful.
So I received my pillow about a week ago, used the foam inserts to take it to its highest height, stuck a pillow case on it, and got a little excited to go to bed. Because, sleep, right? Sleep is good.
Sleep keeps me sane. Sleep means I am less grumpy. My relief at my children normally sleeping through the night, and thankfully sleeping very well, is palpable. Select Comfort would also like to point out the following benefits of a good nights' sleep:
1. Make sleep a priority: Put sleep at the top of your to-do list.
2. Consistency is key: Maintain a consistent bedtime routine and schedule sleep all week long - even on the weekends - since altering your sleep schedule can create jet-lag-like symptoms. Remember that sleep is not negotiable.
3. Avoid anti-sleep activities: Don’t eat, exercise or consume caffeine late in the day.
4. Pay attention to your environment: Go into a dim, quiet room one hour before you plan to go to bed, and turn off all screens so you start to relax.
5. Check your bed: Take advantage of innovations in bedding that allow you to customize your comfort, like the Sleep Number bed and accessories.So I tried the pillow - and just the one pillow, rather than my normal two. And lo, it was good. And comfortable. I really, really like this pillow. I would really, really recommend it. I'm still sleeping with it. I haven't gone back to my old trusty pillows yet.
And hey it's Christmas - it's a good time of year to splurge on a gift for yourself or your family. I'm glad I got to try it out and I will be looking at more memory foam pillows for our family. And I understand the company has some pretty big sales coming up. You can follow @SleepNumberSara on twitter for more info. And look, a contest!
I was not compensated for this review. I was provided with a pillow to review and keep.
Would YOU like to try one out? Sleep Number by Select Comfort has graciously offered me a pillow to give away.
Here's what you need to do:
- Leave a comment on this post between now and Thursday, November 26th, 7pm EST.
- Include your email address (even in the format of name dot name at gmail dot com, I will figure it out).
- Be living at an American or Canadian postal address.
- Only enter once. (Please, play fair).
What I will do:
- Use random.org to pick one winner from the entries received before the deadline.
- Provide names and email addresses of entrants to the company for their newsletter.
- Provide the name and email address of the winner to the company so they can arrange delivery.
- Post details of the winner after the contest is closed.